Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
xraymd,

If I could give you a hug in real life, I would. But a cyberhug will have to do. {{{{{{HUG}}}}} with a big squeeze on the end :-) You were one of my favorite people here before, I'm glad to see you're still here. I'm glad to see alot of you old timers from several years ago are still here, for that matter.

I raid my savings every check because there simply is not enough to pay the bills without doing so. And I still can't get them all. You're absolutely right about the budget idea, it's just too intimidating to put it all on paper right now, that would magnify the failure feeling astronomically :-(

The last time I was here, I was doing "all the right things" and geting all those "warm fuzzy" feelings you describe, the good feelings about paying down the bills and the challenge of outsmarting the CC companies.
Silly me, I thought that would be the last time. Then I bought the house and got caught in the trap on trying to fill it up so I would feel like I was "like everyone else in the neighborhood". Bad Idea :-(

Once I get the Amex accounts paid off (the charge accts, that is) they're getting CLOSED. Finished. Unfortunately I'm late on them as well but if they can be patient (I'm calling them tomorrow) I'll have them paid in 2 months. When that happens, the $800 or so that's been going to them will go elsewhere. I think I will fel A LOT better when that happens, like the noose is not sitting directly on my neck anymore.

If the car had not broken down, I wonder how much longer I would have continued in the same holding pattern? That brings the sick feeling in my stomach out again.

Thank you all, keep giving me positives, it's very important to me, I'm on a precarious tightrope right now :-(

I've gotta stay very narrowly focused right now so I can keep my momentum up. Help me stay there, please. I need those success stories from all of you, and I think it's great those of you who have slayed the monster keep coming back to help those struggling.

hwkncat

Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.