Rambus
Infospace
Echelon
Wind River
Yahoo
CMGI
Brocade
Commerce One

Other posters chimed in with various picks and suggestions.

Feel free to comment on these or any others that you feel could well dominate the next decade.

I was just curious if, after having read the gorilla game book and knowing the criteria - how many of the stocks listed above do you or others see as being smack dab in the middle of a gorilla game and how many do you see in a royalty game? How many are in a Godzilla Game? How many are in none of those three games?

That's an impressive list of stocks and I own quite a few of them, but I think we should stay on track and digest such a plethora of opportunity so that each and every investor on this message board understands the implications of each and understands the market place that their products participate.

In your list of ten for the next decade, at least five and perhaps seven of them are not in a gorilla game. Yet, there seems to be about five (maybe more) in the 'second' list you provided which I see in a gorilla game - if not the emerging gorilla itself. If this was true, I was curious how they could be left out of the picture for the next decade in terms of dominating. I'm not saying a royalty play is not a good investment. I own plenty of them, but if I was going to narrow it down to must have dominant companies to own for the next decade - believe me - I would be touting as many that fit the gorilla criteria as I could.

BB

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.