Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Yeah, after anybody who was against him was disqualified from running.

He had an opponent that ran to the last with him, and the opponent lost.

Here is what an Iranian immigrant friend of mine tells me.

He says that Ahmadinejad (god i wish he had a shorter name) is actually quite popular over in Iran. He was mayor of Teheran before he was president. It was very corrupted, but he cleaned out the city of corruption. He takes frequent trips and talks to the little guys. In fact his government moves around. He decided that he can't be representative enough of the people so he has his whole government move between cities. I don't know though if it's a set ammount of cities, or for how long or anything like that.

He also says that the speeches he saw by him were mistranslated as to show him more nuts than he actually is. His example was that famous stupid line where he doubted the Holocaust and told europe to take a piece of themselves to give to jews. He says that what was actually said was "If Holocaust was real then give a piece of Europe to jews as reparation." The whole "If Holocaust was real" is not actaully doubting the event but a turn of phrase, to connect to the next part of the sentence. Although I still say even that is a bit nutty, but certain things he says do make sense.
While Ahamd.... guy is popular in Iran apparently some faction is trying to kill him, and he has escaped several assasination attempts so far. The plane that crashed in Iran a while back was supposed to carry him. Once his motorcade blew up and he survived because he stopped and got out to talk to a bunch of people on a passing bus.

So whether a guy is bad or not, I think the world has to accept the fact that a lot of his people love him or respect him. Of course it's not them he's going to nuke...but that's another topic altogether.

-TVK
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.