Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
yeah I looked closer and see a $49 transaction fee. Mgmt expenses are .69% but he needs to see what sort of gouging they do with in his 401K.

obtw, not my son, a friend's son.

<digression>
My son really rocked his savings during his time in the Marine Corps and even managed to save and invest while getting his M.E. on the GI bill after serving. Finished 4 years active as a Corporal with $25K banked. He married and then went on to save and invest beyond that. But they're broke now, he with debilitating headaches, heavy metal and chemical toxicity, bad dental work while in service and bone/root infections and is still in search of root cause and has liquidated the last of his stock and is on the cusp of collections. Autoimmunity and anemia has been resolved, dental revisions complete and healing (out of network, regular Doc's no help at all in identifying that). Out of pocket, out of network Drs and Dentist costs are well past 50K now trying to figure out what's at the root of it -- Trying to get into VA system but waiting on the VA and Veteran's Service Officer to locate medical records they lost after he separated from the Marine Corps.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.