Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Yeah, I noticed that... This should be a really nice bounce for those that didn't panic and saw through the swamp fog.

BLI has finally debunked the deeply dubious claims of that Scorpion report, as has BTIG with this brief report:

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3740577-btig-reiterates-buy-ra...

I also watched the 8-min segment on CNBC with the director of Scorpion and his arguments were so full of holes it was almost laughable... I kept thinking, Gosh, I know more about this company than he does, and he supposedly wrote a 100+ page report. Does he even know what the company does now?

Of course they're not selling more machines now. They switched to in-house subscription services because they realized it was a hurdle for small and medium-companies to expend so much. I don't understand how you miss this. It's the central narrative to this company and its potential future success.

One silly claim: They only have four testimonials on their website and two of them are from small players. "We think that maybe BLI gave them free machines in return for the positive testimonials. Why are there no testimonials from big players?"

It just seemed rather thin... My company doesn't have testimonials on its site in part because a lot of our clients want to remain neutral.

Anyway... the next two quarterly earnings reports will tell us a lot. As will any announcements of new partnership deals in the meantime. I'm not seeing a "raging dumpster fire" here... just a glamp-site ravaged by bears. I remain open to the possibility I'm wrong, but I haven't seriously considered dumping my position.

-Ry
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.