Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Yeah, I thought so too. But this guy (he is a tax attorney) tells me that under chap 7 you can wipe out taxes and penalties that are older than 3 years. There are some stipulations, a 5-point test which you must meet. The 5 points can be found on

Thanks, I'll let you know what I decide to do. There's also a chance that the BK court won't accept you on a 7 if you have any reasonable income, figuring you can pay as much as you can for 5 years....till you're sucked bone dry.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.