Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Yeah the market is dangerous. I pulled money out of the
market in August to pay off a loan, maxed my 401k, and did an employee stock purchase plan that allows you
to withdraw at any time with 6% interest, so I don't
have much left to risk. Half my datek account is sitting in cash. With oil prices, interest rates, collapsing euro, declining growth rate in cell phone sales, rumors of telecom cost cutting, slowing economy, a growing pile of earnings warnings....
I agree that another correction is very likely. I have been bottom fishing for stocks with temporarily lowered p.e.s, but not inherently weak, couldn't resist AMD- they're stealing intel's lunch, the price tag is low to the ground, and amd will grow faster than its p.e. but even bargains may not be cheap. Last night I was looking at blue chip techs like rfmd and cmtn- ouch, these nifty companies,
this need to be a stockholder, can be a costly
fix. I've been looking at shorting and paper trading
put options. I'm just hoping the market deflates and starts to recover in 3 months to two years, and doesn't
lay down and die for 10. long cici- 200 shares-
a drop of crazycash.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.