Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
Yeah this week is going to let a skid mark. The charts show some great entry prices for those with new cash to put to work, Definitely a different market than we are used to but the motivations among the players are same as they ever was, only their opinions have changed.

I don't buy that a bond of 1.4% is going to lure someone out of CRWD, or ZM, etc. And I don't believe that Wallstreetbets is selling those names to hit Rocket mortgage or corner the silver market.

I can believe that there is selling in cloud stocks for entry in crypto. That's speculation on my part, but could explain some of today's move.

What I think is really happening is that the 'S'treet is catching on to the market we have been playing, and they want, even need, to get in and they don't ever pay a high price, so the price must come down and they have ways to make that happen. Nothing has changed in the basic businesses we follow, Outlook is pretty much the same as last week, question is what do you pay for it?

I got lucky today. LUMN goes exdiv for a quarter on Mar05 and that had the stock up around a buck all day. I sold a bunch and bought CRWD and ZM and I'm willing to sit on them for a while. Also sold about a third of my boat anchor THMO on the J&J vaccine news as well as TX and other states opening up after Covid.

We have turned some kind of corner, don't know what, but it's time to take a better look at what we are doing. Things haven't changed completely, but what we was working isn't doing it now. Stinky is coming, this is still a major new industrial revolution we are in, things aren't all changed, but something is new.

Let's figure this out.

Good luck to all,

Ray
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.