Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Yeah, you gotta love the "logic" of the Social Darwinist Right Wingers.  There's a part of me that would like to let them have their little experiment for just awhile:  Let everyone legally pack a concealed and loaded weapon on a day-to-day basis.  Let's see how THAT WORKS! 

You know, just think, all those "homeowners" who blindly and willingly did what the Mortgage Bankers and realtors told them to do and signed the loan docs.  Only to find-out these few years later they are permanently stuck underwater living essentially in indentured servitude.  Yeah, let's let THOSE FOLKS carry loaded weapons. 

During the Vietnam war era, the nightly news lead with the body count of American GI's killed that day.  The new equivalent would be the count of how many Realtors, Mortgage Bankers and Real Estate "Appraisers" got shot by pissed-off customers of the recent years...

Allow me to sum-up for you though, the unique American paranoia and sick attachment to guns:  As you know, I'm 47 years old (I think, I lose count these days).  I've been a solid supporter of more gun control in the U.S. for most of my voting life--call that 30 years now.  Voted for further restrictions on guns in my first election I was eligble for, 1980.  But as these corrupt Robber Baron Corporatists captured the rest of our American system these past 6 years, I found myself re-thinking my position on guns.  Suddenly not wanting to find myself living in a world under their twisted interpretation of our Constitution without being completely locked-and-loaded myself.  I own more guns and ammunition now than ever before in my life. 

Pretty sick huh?  This only further illustrates the long, ugly slide down here in the States.  I'm Exhibit One these days...

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.