Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
Yes. 2001 A Space Odyssey is...a screen saver. The Exorcist isn’t scary. The Godfather seems sexist and dated. Saturday Night Fever? Blech. I never saw any of these until I was 40 or so. Decades late. I might see them differently if I had seen them when they came out. I was already jaded at first viewing.

Yet some films...Psycho is still amazing as are most of Hitchcock’s movies. I’m still gripping my seat. Casa Blanca. Tracey and Hepburn are still funny. Singing in the Rain is still magical and I could dance all night with Audrey Hepburn.

One that surprised me was Gone with the Wind. I remember watching it as a child and being caught up in Scarletts tragedy. Then a decade later it seemed....different. Then another decade passed and as an adult woman I found her... heartless and manipulative and a cold blooded murderer. The movie didn’t change, I did. She was a ....but she was a survivor. You had to admire that at least. But what carnage in her wake.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.