Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Yes an employer can hire a recruiting company to prospect their employees to test loyalty. Though, it is a bad business decision to do so. It is expensive and if multiple employees want to leave, it is a management problem not an employee loyalty problem. They should want you to leave if you don't want to be there. If they are looking to let people go, then they will regardless.

The most likely answer is that there is an increase of jobs in the market and recruiting firms who are on commission are getting desperate to find people with a decreasing unemployment rate.

I am unemployed due to a layoff and looking for work through LinkedIn among other sites. The troll recruiters scan online resumes for a key word and send a blanket canned e-mail. Often they say they are interested due to my qualifications and/or skills, but the job description they send has nothing to do with my past experiences and are in a different state. Also, often the e-mail is from a person in India using domestic contact information. They are desperate for a commission in a high pressure sales industry of recruiting, usually for IT related jobs. Sometimes I wonder if some are phishing for personal information.

Those troll e-mails are not connected to your employer. They are about what you may have with an online job site and the desperation of the recruiting industry. Delete the e-mail, update your online job profile, and only respond to messages from companies where you applied.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.