No. of Recommendations: 6
Yes below Vanguard.

For now, anyway. We'll have to wait to see if those expense ratios creep back up, or if Vanguard matches them. The average price difference in the funds shown is 0.0375%, or $37.50 for every $100k invested.

Everyone should be aware that as long as all you want to invest in is their index funds, there should be no issues. However, I and several other posters have documented multiple occasions where Fidelity has not allowed us to invest in some individual stocks. Preferred stocks and REITS tend to be among the largest offenders. Sometimes, we have been able to call into Fidelity and get an exception, but it seems that they are granting fewer exceptions nowadays than they used to. Additionally, they seem to have increased the number of stocks that they put restrictions on. I have always been able to buy those same stocks in other brokerage accounts, including Vanguard.

Personally, I dislike Fidelity's 'nanny' attitude and have moved most assets away from Fidelity. Even with the new pricing, I don't intend to move assets back.

AJ
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.