No. of Recommendations: 0
Yes, but check your account statements to be sure Scottrade has recorded the year correctly. Usually they will show it as a contribution for the year in which it was received. However, the law allows you to make your 2003 contribution until April 15 (tax day) of '04. So if you make the '03 contribution in '04, you need to be sure Scottrade records the year correctly.

If the contribution gets recorded incorrectly, getting it corrected is usually not a big deal. Letter, e-mail or phone call will usually do it. But just make sure the final entry is correct.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.