Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
Yes, I would still say the same thing today. In fact, we are still earning those types of returns on some of our smaller investments. The best decade was the 1950s; I was earning 50% plus returns with small amounts of capital. I could do the same thing today with smaller amounts. It would perhaps even be easier to make that much money in today's environment because information is easier to access.

I'm not questioning Buffett's character but this makes me go hmmmmm....

The Buffett Partnership started with $100,000 in a decent climate in the fifties...and his returns were 10%, 40%, 25%, 22%....in fact, he had one 50+% year in the thirteen years he ran his partnership.

I'm only mentioning this because for a second I was feeling guility about 18.7% CAGR.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.