Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Yes it is Max length. Not necessarily because of difficult to navigate roads, but rather due to the amount of traffic at the park and the spot sizes are just that limited.

Are you planning on towing a small vehicle or are you intending to just drive in with your RV?

Thinking about the last time we were at the Canyon, the parking lots aren't necessarily built or meant for a big RV but we drove our car there and I wasn't looking at the RV spaces.

One thing you might consider is taking the RV to Williams, AZ, camp there and then take the train up to the Canyon in the morning, spend the day at the South Rim and then take the train back in the afternoon.

https://www.thetrain.com/

One suggestion I have is that if you're intending to ever visit Yosemite in CA, I can guarantee you DO NOT want to camp in the park... Impossible to get and you can camp just outside the park. Similar story there as you are limited in vehicle sizes due to the nature of the roads so you'll need to pull a car with you as I think there are some spots on that road that are 25' max vehicle.

HereIGo
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.