Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Yes, it's final.

I was at the special CNS shareholders meeting this morning in Minneapolis as witness to it. I sat next to a doctor and his wife who were among the original investors. She was especially grateful that he talked her into the investment instead of a new kitchen.

There's usually not much to a special meeting like this one and generally not worth the time to attend, but I felt a need to go for two reasons. Following the formal meeting I thanked Marti Morfitt in person for her leadership of CNS and her shareholder friendly management style. I told her that there was a part of me that felt I should be wearing a black BreatheRight strip at the meeting in mourning for the loss of an excellent performing overweight position in each of two accounts (one IRA and one not – I was so hoping this closing might spill into January). I also found a representative of GSK at the meeting and expressed to him my New Year wish for GSK to have a very successful launch and run with CoregCR since I'm also over weighted in Flamel. He explained that he was just part of a “little” $8-billion division of GSK and didn't have anything to do with the pharma part. I trust that my good wishes will be forwarded to the right people.

Minnesota George
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.