Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Yes Lethean I am transferring all the corporate bonds "in kind" to Fidelity. Fidelity will hold them till they mature for no fee and will collect the interest and figure my MRD each year. I may put my BRKA into a seperate Fidelity taxable account, thanks for telling me about registering it in my name, and then, with the minimum required distribution money coming out of the Inherited IRA account ($13,000 per year), I will buy some stocks in my taxable account.
Three of my siblings have their inheritance money in actively managed stock portfolios. They all seem to have between 80-100 stocks, frequent trades, etc. It will be fun to compare performance and fees.
I will probably stick to index funds and TIPS in the Inherited IRA account and get a little bolder with individual stock picking in my taxable account. I have a love/hate relationship with WMT right now and two mutual funds that I think I like right now are FBALX and CAAPX. I will also look into Fairholme. Thanks.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.