Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Yes, we do have 7-11's here in BC. Trouble is that they're staffed by people who are in the early stages of learning English. I doubt you have that in the US.
===*===

You're kidding, right?

Y.O.S. etc.

Raggmopp

No. Nice people yet not up to speed on English words. And yes, I was kidding about the same in the US. I think the difference between here and the places I visited in the US is that many here wear turbans.

Yet I have to admire some of these because they do try hard. I am a fortunate immigrant because I could speak the language although it took a number of years to learn North American phrases and how they are given and received. In some ways for me it was learning English as she is spoke as a second language. Truly England and North America are separated by the same language.

This came from one of the Flashman books: you have a facility in a language when you can ask a native speaker his father's views on strong drink and be able to converse. I have tried that in French in Quebec and it quickly showed that my French needs work.

Not that this has anything to do with The Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster but, then again, is it possible to get off-topic on this board when anything anyone posts here can be used to further one's chances?

Which brings me to a hitherto unknown part of The Feste Award judging: the swimsuit competition and I am dreading that. Okay, if I have to I'll get into the off-the-shoulder ballroom gown part but stripping to my skivvies is daunting. Michael in his BVDs has on occasion – I have three wives to prove this – caused hysteria. I doubt it will be different with The Feste Award.

I am doomed.

MichaelR

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.