Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Yes, which is the bad thing about using stops other than those in your mind.
I have a long project that I am now starting about technical analysis. Ask me in a couple of months about "entry points"

?:^/

Actually, the internet portals are up fairly strongly today last I saw. Of course in an hour that usually changes. But, then again, your getting stopped out of both caused them to rocket upward, so you now can chase them upwards and buy them higher than when you sold them. Its a basic law of life.

Ass-u-ming that the market is going to continue to go up for a while, which is a mighty big assumption!, your entry prices may need to trend upward as time goes on. That is one of the first things I am seeing about technical analysis -- not enough importance given to the fact that the entry points need to follow the market up and down.

More MUCH LATER about that.

See also another post coming soon about selling.

Larry
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.