Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 9
One of the dissadvantages of ING is not having a checking service to go with it. Sure, I can transfer money to my checking account, and then pay a bill, but that can sometimes take days. I don't write many checks anyway, but I do write "electronic checks" quite often. ING has a way higher interest rate than any checking account, so I wondered how I could maximize my interest.

I wondered if it would be possible to pay my mortgage, credit cards, and other bills from ING directly. So, I picked up the phone and called them, and they said there was no way to do it.

So I ventured out on my own and thought I'd give it a try... I mean heck, this is the digital age right? I went ahead and tried setting up payment of my Discover Card from my ING account, with a backup of paying through my checking account if it failed. When the discover bill came, I paid it from my ING account (Telling Discover to withdraw from ING) and it worked!

I have sence setup my other credit cards, and even my mortgage to be paid directly from ING.

Everything works, no fees, high yeild interest. Works almost like a checking accoung. All you need is you account number, ING's routing number, and a financial institution which can initiate the transfer from ING to them.

Sorry if many of you have already figured this out, but I thought it was woth mentioning. Their routing number is hard to find, so if you can't
find it, let me know, and I'll post it. :)

tCF
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.