No. of Recommendations: 3
Yesterday, I decided not to travel 20 miles up the road to get to a 9 am Al Anon meeting.....every morning for the past wk or so, I've felt pressure to get on the move in the morning to do something or at least be dressed when workers get here. Last week was particularly hellish for me, sleep debt getting to me and lamebrain electricians screwing one day up for me.

So what I did was putter a little. I finally put a new belt on my Hoover vacuum, I've never done it before and so it was a new and sometimes frustrating and curse producing experience. I cleaned the filters out, they were full of filth and dog hair and there was a ball point pen in the canal as well that I got out. The thing should clean alot better now, all cleaned up and with a fresh bag. I felt good fixing something. I vacced the kitchen and the porch with my Electrolux tank afterwards and mopped out the doggie pee tray and the floor underneath(the J.R. like to squat over the edge and it spills over underneath the tray...grrrr, dang dawg!). Anyway, it felt good to get something done.

Went to my 2 hr workout class and had a good one and then phoned a friend back to see if she was up for dinner, she wasn't but we had a good long talk about life.....she's like a sister of sorts....similar path and background plus similar ways of reacting/dealing with life but always striving to improve ourselves.

Since I didn't go to the meeting in the morning, I had decided to go to another meeting that I thought was at 7, I was wrong and looked in my meeting book and saw it was at 8 pm, uhhh, no way, so I decided to go to a couple of grocery stores to get needed items. One store has salads(bagged) at a good price, the other has cheap gas and cheap plain yogurt and squash at a good price(my garden has been slow to produce). So at the second store, I did the self check out and when I was loading some yogurt onto cart, the dang bag fell out, 2 young male employees walked by and didn't even stop to help, then as I was rolling my little cart outside, they have a cut a way in the concrete to roll across well, don't you know, the wheels of my cart, caught on it and fell over with me falling over it too. Again, I saw 2 male employees walk past, not stopping and then a customer who was walking towards me, turn around quickly back to his vehicle as if he didn't want to get involved. However, two young girls, who I had smiled at in the store, had walked up behind me and offered to help. They were so kind and thoughtful, they loaded my cart up and asked if I was alright and noted the unevenness of the concrete there. I got to my vehicle and checked my knees, the right was just a little skinned, the left one is the worst with the area about a couple of inches below my knee forming a big knot on it.

I have to admit, I was a little shook up over this and quite disturbed by the men who didn't come to my aid. Whatever happened to chivalry? Plus, I was also thinking, oh my goodness, is this the beginning of my being a senior and being somewhat unsteady on my feet? Ugh! That thought doesn't please me at all.

When I got home and put away my groceries, I laid on the sofa, with an ice pack on my knotted leg..actually it was frozen broccoli medley, I didn't have any frozen peas and the real icecooler pack was too hard to help on that part of my leg even with a towel over it. Anyway, it looks better today but still was a disturbing experience.

The most positive experience of it all were those two young girls who came to my aid.....so youthful and with easy smiles, they reminded me of my niece. I hope life smiles on them in the days and years ahead.

That was my Saturday and it's still raining outside, praise the GardenBunny!

I'm planning on seeing a musical with my cousin at 2 today, it's supposed to be funny as heck.

LuckyDog
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Men!!!!
No. of Recommendations: 0
well i left out that the two employees were young black men and so I did think to myself, it's because I'm a white lady and then the guy who turned around was a 30'ish white guy who I can only guess had other things to do.......

i just gotta remember not to take this personally and remember the times i've turned my back on some person or animal in need.

what goes around, comes around.

I'll think of the wonderful men I know are out there with kind and gentle hearts, like you wolvie. :)

where are you now?

LD
No. of Recommendations: 2
where are you now?

At home. Truck plants, like auto plants, shut down in July. Supposedly, International has trucks to ship, but has everything on hold. My last three loads all ended in breakdowns. During the second one I spoke with the company breakdown coordinator and he was stressed. Overnight 12 units broke down, so his 'in basket' was full.

I assume that International is reviewing its suppliers and assembly methods. Between the costs of towing and repair work done at teh dealerships I assume that they must be getting hit plenty hard. I'm hoping that August goes better!!!!
No. of Recommendations: 1
Men!!!!

Apparently not.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Men!!!!

Apparently not.
warrl

>>>>>>>>>

it took me a few seconds to realize your meaning and I agree.