Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Yesterday (7/1/2019, the S&P 500 Index was AGAIN at a Record High. However, once again, the NASDAQ Composite Index and the Russell 2000 Index were BELOW their levels hit when the S&P 500 Index hit a record level back in early May 2019. This disparity between indices indicates that a BEAR MARKET likely lies DIRECTLY ahead.

In addition, I looked at the charts of MBUU, AAWW, AMZN, FDX, CMG, AAL, TIF, FB, AAPL, GOOG, TSLA, INTC, MKE, SKX, NFLX, and CRM, and more, and ALL of them peaked some months ago. Looking at FNV, TPX, and MSFT, none of them peaked yesterday, all of them peaked around 6/20/2019. The point is this: I can't much find a single "tell" stock that banged out a record high yesterday. So, I'm pretty sure the Market has peaked, and a serious downturn lies directly ahead.

This method of Market-Timing has ALWAYS worked for me in the past. For example, the Russell 2000 Index was well off its record high when the S&P 500 Index was at a record high in October 2007, the official end of the previous Bull Market.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.