Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Yesterday while I was driving home, NPR announced that over $550m has been raised in campaign contributions this year. They also noted that the overwhelming majority of this money will be spent for media ads Is there any analysis or projections available on the impact of this potentail revenue stream?

I replied to this question in post #82.

I just returned from the NAB Radio Convention in San Francisco, and talked with several (radio) station managers, who told me the 4th quarter is turning soft.

One says he has cancelled almost $1 million in pre-booked national business in that quarter. Although the industry was running 10-20% ahead by the end of the 2nd quarter, I heard from more than one person that they will be lucky to close out the year at an equal billing rate as last year.

That was news to me, as our business is good, but I thought I would post some less optimistic views which I heard from people "out there in the field" this past week. Incidentally, several of the people I talked to were in "toss-up" political states: Pennsylvania, Illinois, Michigan. FWIW
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.