No. of Recommendations: 0
'I felt so hopeless for him': Mother, 28, reveals she struggled to even LOOK at her three-year-old son after he was mauled by her parents' pit bull and left with horrific wounds across his face

Insurance coordinator Sarah Fuller received a phone call from her parents on 12 May while they were babysitting her toddler when she was at work
Sarah, from Portland, Oregon, was told that her beloved son, Micajah, had been attacked by the family's pit bull, Bobo
The toddler suffered a number of injuries as a result of the accident, including punctures to his cheeks, facial nerve damage and torn gums
The family dog had no history of aggressive behavior before the incident

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6492221/Three-yea...

Pit-bull of course....when will it end?

t
Print the post Back To Top
Fortunately, the mother and grandparents were responsible for underestimating the hazard of the dog.

That's a lot better than having an innocent party (like me) walking on the sidewalk savaged by such a beast.

Seattle Pioneer
Pit-bull of course....when will it end?

Unpredictable 'domestic' varmints...

Yet another reason why God invented the .38 and .357 handguns...
No. of Recommendations: 3
<<Pit-bull of course....when will it end?

Unpredictable 'domestic' varmints...

Yet another reason why God invented the .38 and .357 handguns...>>

I appreciate your sympathies, but personally I think dogs are too fast to use a firearm on in an attacking situation. Too likely to shoot yourself or someone else in the confusion.

Personally I carry a stick these days to deal with dogs. If I expect to be around aggressive pit bulls, I carry my stick and a two pound hammer. My theory is that in an attack that way, I'd give the stick to bite on, and at that point I'd be controlling the head.

Turn the head and provide a crashing blow to the jaw and side of the head with the two pound hammer.

That's my theory, anyway.

I do find that carrying a stick, people who walk their dogs with a loose leash now hold their dog on a tight leash around me, step off the sidewalk or walk to the other side of the street. Don't have to be threatening at all.

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 1
SeattlePioneer
Yet another reason why God invented the .38 and .357 handguns...>>

I appreciate your sympathies, but personally I think dogs are too fast to use a firearm on in an attacking situation. Too likely to shoot yourself or someone else in the confusion.

You'd be surprised... Even when you're 'pulling the trigger' in an emotional event, you don't have to be 'spot on' with a domestic threat... hitting a hind part, well away from the point of conflict, will serve to deter them well... if need be, adding their coup de grace...

To be sure, ya gotta be used to the weapon...

Just saying...
<<I appreciate your sympathies, but personally I think dogs are too fast to use a firearm on in an attacking situation. Too likely to shoot yourself or someone else in the confusion.

You'd be surprised... Even when you're 'pulling the trigger' in an emotional event, you don't have to be 'spot on' with a domestic threat... hitting a hind part, well away from the point of conflict, will serve to deter them well... if need be, adding their coup de grace...
>>

Nice in theory, but dogs are just too fast and cunning to hit them reliably, and the risk of hitting someone else is significant.

Here's police body cam video of a police officer trying to defend a woman against an attacking dog who accidentally winds up shooting the woman he's trying to protect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhI00ElQ-JU

Seattle Pioneer
"'I felt so hopeless for him': Mother, 28, reveals she struggled to even LOOK at her three-year-old son after he was mauled by her parents' pit bull and left with horrific wounds across his face. ... <snip>...The family dog had no history of aggressive behavior before the incident."

I love the "no history of aggressive behavior" comment. Of course not because if the dog had shown who and what it was before it would have long since been either euthanized or gotten rid of. When it happens it only happens once.

Personality and behavior can be affected by breeding and genetics. Dogs have been selectively bred for thousands of years to perform certain jobs and some of those breeds that were used for fighting and aggression and war and bull baiting were selectively bred to be powerful and fearless and to never give up.

Why are we surprised when they do what they were selectively bred for?

Art