Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
Hey David,

Thank you for your thoughtful answers to my HANS queries. I keep harping about HANS because I'm in a somewhat silly position: I have a position in HANS at a $37.11 cost basis, and I understand the company fairly well, have read all that you've written about it, and fully understand its volatility and market irrationality. However, I'm not quite satisfied with my understanding of the recent descent of HANS save for the aforementioned irrationality. In other words, people are selling for other reasons besides the momentum, and I don't feel like understand well what those reasons are. Can you play devil's advocate and help articulate a seller's position?

My best investment thus far has been Netflix, a position to which I kept adding even when the stock was going down this past summer because I knew that the fears over VOD and Blockbuster's strategies were economically unsound. I want to have similar confidence in HANS and so far I understand the good points about it, but not the negatives. Since I own the stock (based on the good) I feel somewhat vulnerable for not yet understanding the difficulties the business has to overcome, negotiate, and avoid.

Help a man and his monkey make some sense of seemingly strong stock that's now at new 52 week low.

Thanks in advance for your investing wisdom,

Slothrop and monkey
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.