Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Yikes, Instride..... that's one attention grabbing RR!

I've wondered about you on occasion over the past few years. I assumed pressure of work etc. For a few years a while back, daughter ran the Cohasset race and I always looked for your times along with hers in a "I nearly know that bloke!" sort way.

A scary scenario for sure. One of my cyber cronies/fellow fitness instructor/Cat 2 cyclist has his out of the blue heart attack document on files from his power meter/HRM training paraphernalia. The very moment when, on one of his training rides, he had that "Oh $#&*" moment when he knew something was wrong....power output and speed dropped to zero and HR tracing all over the place until he flat lined (when the paramedics took of his chest strap) They arrived within minutes restarted his heart and restored sinus rhythm quickly.

Turns out he too had a previously undiagnosed congenital heart defect. He was adopted so no clue about family history. Required fairly major reconstructive surgery that totally pole axed him..... couldn't walk but 25 yards post procedure. Exercise tolerance returned slowly with intelligent training etc. Like you said, took over a year. Not back to where he was as his situation required a pacemaker and permanent defibrillator. He's part of an online support group of athletes in the same boat....he holds the dubious honour of having the greatest number of consecutive zaps from the device.

Healing vibes coming your way. Here's hoping for a strong recovery. Any meds slowing you down? I've recently joined the ranks of paroxysmal A Fibbers and have beta blockers to contend with.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.