Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
YIKES!!! Sorry, I made a small but important omission to the previous post (wish there was an "EDIT" feature!). I'm reposting it with the correction.

Arabic-style Fava Beans Side Dish
SLIGHTLY REVISED

One can fava beans (I think it's 15 oz. can, or so)
Cumin powder, to taste
Dash of fresh lemon juice
Fresh minced garlic, to taste
Finely chopped onion
Finely chopped fresh coriander
1/2 cup water
Olive Oil
Your choice of: pita bread OR cooked rice

Put fava beans, cumin, lemon juice, garlic, onion, coriander and THE 1/2 CUP OF WATER in a pot, bring to a boil, lower flame, stirring frequently; cook for about 10-15 minutes. Halfway through cooking, smash about half the fava beans with cooking spoon.

When done, add some olive oil to taste. Serve with either lightly heated pita bread (can be toasted) or fresh cooked rice.

Note: Quantities of all ingredients other than fava beans are to taste and should meet your preferences; I like my dishes very spicy. For general suggestions though, I'd suggest 1 tblsp. lemon juice, 2-3 garlic cloves, 1/2 tsp. cumin, 1 tblsp. onion, 1 tblsp. coriander. and about 2-3 tblsp. olive oil. Add more or less water depending on your desired consistency of the fava beans.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.