No. of Recommendations: 0
Yo, Bogelmaniac.

<<I've seen several messages referring to new Roth IRA regulations expected soon. Does anyone know when they'll be issued?

One thing I'm wondering is whether a Roth IRA will be a specially-designated type of account, or will there be a form that keeps track of it. For example, there's no such thing as a nondeductible IRA account -- it's just a regular IRA but there's a form to fill out each year (8606?). >>

The IRS will issue its regs and guidance in its own sweet time, but probably around mid-Nov to mid-Dec. Until then, we all have to wait. Also, I strongly suspicion there will definitely be some kind of form similar to the 8606 to keep track of all of the various IRA (i.e., deductible, non-deductible, education and Roth) that will come into play next year. Otherwise, the tracking and "proof" for audit purposes would be horrendous for both the IRS and us.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.