Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 16
Yoda:
Thanks for reposting Ralph's comments. He was indeed the most knowledgeable Reit mind this board has ever or will probably ever see again. Anyone who followed him into any of his recommendations has done very well.

I have owned three of his four recommendations for twenty plus years, Avalon Bay, Ventas, and Simon Properties. In the past few years, I doubled my position in Simon as the malls went out of favor. Simon has come roaring back since then as investors had the "sudden" realization that class A malls were a very different breed than the rest.

Although, I don't own Extra Space Storage, it is only because I've owned a very large position in Life Storage for over twenty years (the old Sovran Storage, "Uncle Bob's). However, I do think EXR is a first rate REIT.

I haven't posted anything to this board in the past few years as it seemed the tone of some posters had become oftimes strident and harsh and I just didn't want to deal with it. Although, I have been lurking and reading the discussions very often.

Once again, thanks for reviving Ralph's post. May he be resting in peace and happy to be reading the favorable and laudatory comments posted here by those who admired him so much.

gracepeace
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.