Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
Okay, went to the shelter today to see the little Yorkie. His name is Juniper and I took pictures, the link is at the bottom.

The nice couple in CT is very excited about getting him, but I have to wait until tomorrow to talk to Helen at the shelter. It will be her decision if I can take him before the medical procedures are done. Speaking of which that will involve pulling all his teeth, they are all completely rotted out (and the people who had him were feeding him HARD food! grrr) and neutering him to stop the testical cancer from spreading.

I found out the previous owner did call and when was told that there was the usual fee for springing your dog out of the pound (only $10 here) there was also a $101 vet bill that had to be paid plus he would have to provide proof that the dog was going to get the medical attention that he needed. The owner's response? "Well, if someone else is willing to pay all that and then give him back to me." ARGH!!! I was so at a loss for words when I heard that.

So I went out, opened his cage and oooooh my GORD! He's was so lovable! He climbed on my chest and just shook. HE was so scared I would reject him. I got the pictures and then just cuddled with him for about 5-10 minutes and then FORCED myself to put him back and not run out the door with him. *sigh*

I came home, called Terry to let him know that he didn't have run errands for his Mom, I already did that. I never brought the dog up, but HE DID! He asked if I went over to the shelter, I told him yeah. I caught him up on what was happening and he made the comment, "Well, if they won't release him without getting the medical treatment first we do have that money we set aside for Vegas and since we aren't going now......" You know something? I didn't know I could love him anymore than I already did. And then, get this, he makes the comment that if the dog has to stay in our house for any time there's a good chance we will get to attached to him and won't want to let him go. I said, "No! I'm a foster mommy now. That is how I see myself and that is how I can deal with this. I won't let myself get that attached." You know what his comment was? "I wasn't talking about you."

My how things change. Who would have ever thought I would be the one who had to be the voice of reason when it came to the animals and the number of animals we have and the cost of the animals and the care of the animals? Certainly not me!

SO, anyhoo, I left a message for Helen to please find out what the costs would be and then I will check with the couple in CT to see if they are willing to pay for that before hand if the shelter won't release him without getting the medical treatment first. And try to figure out a way to keep Terry from actually meeting this dog until it's too late and he's already on his way to his new home. OY!

Deannda
Here's the link:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/tdmeneuf?d&.intl=us&.flabel=fld8&.src=bc&start=1&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/tdmeneuf%3fa%26.intl=us%26.src=bc
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Deannda,

He is so cute and you are so wonderful to rescue him. I adore Yorkies. I've had two of them and had to give them both away, however, because no matter what I did, I couldn't housetrain them. I'm certain it was my fault because I wasn't home much. It's not like you can put them in a room with newspapers like you can do with a cat and litter box. Somebody has to take responsibility to really work with them.

They are very one-person dogs. Mine used to ride in my purse wherever I went. I wish I could get another, but my cats are much bigger and would probably kill a Yorkie. They're great house dogs, if you can just housebreak them.

A former husband yelled at my Yorkie in such a loud voice that it caused him to pass out on the newspaper. I thought he had killed him. He wasn't moving, and I picked him up, crying and sobbing that he had murdered my dog. All of a sudden, the Yorkie's little ears perked up and he was alive. I just didn't think it was a good idea to keep such a darling dog in the house with such a horrible husband as that one, so I gave him away. Got rid of the husband soon thereafter. Geez, I wish I could have that dog, but I can't. Sigh.

elizabeth
What a wonderful story about Juniper and Terry. Your Terry sounds like a real softie!

I love the pictures of Juniper. Thry reminded me of my aunts Yorkies. The lovely silver color is my favorite.

You're doing a great job finding a home for the little guy. You should be proud.

TD3
No. of Recommendations: 0
So I went out, opened his cage and oooooh my GORD! He's was so lovable! He climbed on my chest and just shook. HE was so scared I would reject him. I got the pictures and then just cuddled with him for about 5-10 minutes and then FORCED myself to put him back and not run out the door with him. *sigh*

Wow! He really is small. Hope everything works out for the best :)

settwin
I don't suppose that Terry has a twin??
I'd be willing to divorce my hubby.....

Juniper is a darling!!!!!
maybe Juniper can fit into a pocketbook???

good luck, and keep us posted.

DingBat
who also now loves Terry.......<g>
notice I didn't say anything about previous owner

Mother always says "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"

I have sooooooooooo many NOT nice things to say, it would take 3 days to list!!!

DingBat
who would LOVE to find previous owner in a dark alley...
No. of Recommendations: 3
I just didn't think it was a good idea to keep such a darling dog in the house with such a horrible husband as that one, so I gave him away. Got rid of the husband soon thereafter. Geez, I wish I could have that dog, but I can't. Sigh.

I'll tell you something - I would have gotten rid of the husband first.

Nancy
If they're mean to animals, you can bet they're mean to people
OMG, Deannda, he is absolutely adorable!! I just wanted to reach through the screen, grab him and cuddle him!

His previous owner should be drawn and quartered for abusing the little darling. I certainly think allowing his dental condition to deteriorate so badly and the untreated testicular cancer/non-neutering qualify as abuse!

I caught him up on what was happening and he made the comment, "Well, if they won't release him without getting the medical treatment first we do have that money we set aside for Vegas and since we aren't going now......" You know something? I didn't know I could love him anymore than I already did. And then, get this, he makes the comment that if the dog has to stay in our house for any time there's a good chance we will get to attached to him and won't want to let him go. I said, "No! I'm a foster mommy now. That is how I see myself and that is how I can deal with this. I won't let myself get that attached." You know what his comment was? "I wasn't talking about you."

Awwwww, what a sweetheart!! Sounds to me like he actually enjoys living at the Neuf Zoo. He's been so patient about all the animals you and the girls have adopted, so I think you should consider letting him add one, if it doesn't work out with the CT couple. Hey, what's one more, especially if it will make this terrific guy happy? And this is just the kind of dog he'd choose, didn't you say? And Juniper is just soooooo adorable...

Hell, I'll pitch in with the vet bill, too!

Cori