Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
You guys are all legends.

In the true spirit of helping each other, educating each other I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who has contributed so much to this board. You have made the mechanics of drip investing very understanable and straight forward.

Long live this board!

Goo
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Long live DRIP investing - the best way.

kathy
No. of Recommendations: 3

In the true spirit of helping each other, educating each other I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who has contributed so much to this board. You have made the mechanics of drip investing very understanable and straight forward.

Long live this board!

I'll second that! I just got to this board for the first time a few days ago (in fact, I just started coming to the Fool site about a week ago), and am very new to investing, and especially drip investing. But you all have made it seem lucrative, fun and easy. I'll admit, I was a little nervous about posting, since I know how newbies can be eaten alive on some boards. But I'm amazed at how helpful and friendly everyone is -- even the disagreements are handled in a mature, adult manner, unlike some other message boards I've been to. No condescension or spite -- just intelligent, insightful and constructive advice. Thanks!

Mardee
No. of Recommendations: 2
Mardee,

Sniff, sniff, sob, sob! What about our gals: Ginny, Kathy and Jenn, etc. and the sockpuppets Stitch and Lefty? They're legends too!

But seriously, thank you for your wonderful post. You're right. There are a lot a Great People on these boards. There's not that much to fight about on the DRIP boards as we're all convinced we're right!

Keep postin"

OB
OB wrote...There's not that much to fight about on the DRIP boards as we're all convinced we're right!

That makes this one of the most pleasant boards around Fooldom, and still one of the most informative. Rock on!

T
>You guys are all legends.
>
Sniff, sniff, sob, sob! What about our gals ...

Not to worry. From the Merriam-Webster dictionary, GUY means:

3 a : MAN, FELLOW b : PERSON -- used in plural to refer to the members of a group regardless of sex <saw her and the rest of the guys>

Cheers -

george
>You guys are all legends.
>
>Sniff, sniff, sob, sob! What about our gals ...

<<Not to worry. From the Merriam-Webster dictionary, GUY means:

<<3 a : MAN, FELLOW b : PERSON -- used in plural to refer to the members of a group regardless of sex <saw her and the rest of the guys>

Girl, guy, man, woman...ya'll are great!

So do you think there will ever be a singular version of guy in our vocabulary for females? It is a shame -- the word "guy" can mean a male of just about any age, yet girl stands for someone 18 or younger. The only other appropriate word for someone older is woman, which sounds so formal. (And I'm not sure what I think about the word "gal", but I refuse to use it). Any suggestions? Guyl? Gyr?

And so as not to get too off-topic, has anyone ever done a study of whether DRIP investing is done more by men or women? Just curious...
No. of Recommendations: 0
Mardee,

So do you think there will ever be a singular version of guy in our vocabulary for females? It is a shame -- the word "guy" can mean a male of just about any age, yet girl stands for someone 18 or younger. The only other appropriate word for someone older is woman, which sounds so formal. (And I'm not sure what I think about the word "gal", but I refuse to use it). Any suggestions? Guyl? Gyr?

Yet men use the term girl for all ages of womyn.

All ships, of course, are routinely referred to as "she". Can you name it?

And so as not to get too off-topic, has anyone ever done a study of whether DRIP investing is done more by men or women? Just curious...

I don't know about DRIPping but I have read second hand reports of "all female" investment clubs outperforming mixed and all male clubs. The reason given was that the researchers felt women were better "shoppers" and thus more attuned to products people buy in the malls.

OB
Sorry. That should have read:

All ships, of course, are routinely referred to as "she" except one. Can you name it?

OB

"I have read second hand reports of "all female" investment clubs outperforming mixed and all male clubs. The reason given was that the researchers felt women were better "shoppers" and thus more attuned to products people buy in the malls."

David Bach wrote in "Smart Women Finish Rich" that the reasons women (in his opinion) make better investors is that they make a plan and commit (yes, there's that dreaded word again!) and are far less likely to buy according to a "hot tip".

Jen,

You could be onto something there. It's kinda' like the "Hunter Gather" thing. Put a remote control in our hands and we'll spend all night flipping channels looking for the perfect TV show.

Maybe with stocks we're constantly searching for the next kill and haven't got time to deal with what we've already bagged! It's inate behaviour. LOL!

OB
OB,
Could it be Old Ironsides?
Ginny
OB,
Could it be Old Ironsides?
Ginny

No, but you've got the right idea.

OB
titanic?
nope!
OB,
OK. How about the
Edmond Fitzgerald?
Ginny
Ginny,

That's funny! A Canadian legend. Are you a Gordon Lightfoot fan? 437 verses of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Actually it was the Battleship Bismarck.

Hitler apparently issued orders that in communiques the masculine article (Der??) be used when referring to the Bismarck.

OB
Okay, my stab at the trivia - the Roosevelt?