Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 7
You are deciding which risk to take. You are on your own. Good luck!!

=================

Well personal choice cannot be something desirable when we are busy trying to establish the collective.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 6
This is not what left wing progressives want to hear!

The left tends to follow science. After evaluating the outcomes of people with/without masks AND with/without vaccination, the science showed the use of a mask AFTER BEING FULLY VACCINATED was not really needed in most instances.

Facts have a liberal bias.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Of course conservative health scientists are reluctant to make recommendation until ever possible question has been tested. Ie, keep everyone masked while we study the matter forever.

Hats off to the pros who were willing to make the recommendation based on common sense and best available data.

Success does require cooperation of the public. Waiting longer risked loss of public trust.
No. of Recommendations: 5
Waiting longer risked loss of public trust.

Good point.

The Democrats are feeling this now, as credibility continues to decline as the left seems to cling harder on policies they should never have subscribed to in the first place....or at least a tenuous subscription that gave them room to walk back if it is in their interest to. Reminds me of what Lyndon Johnson said about being in Viet Nam, when he compared it to having a wolf by the ears: you absolutely don't want to be there but you dare not let go.

BruceM

I see you are not in on the new plan.
99% COVID hospitalizations are people who have not been vaccinated. This does not mean that if you are vaccinated you will not get COVID, merely that the effects will be mild and it is quite possible that you are a carrier. Unmasking the whole population will lead to surge in the infection and hospitalization of antivaxers. Some will see the light and reform, some will see the other light (the bright white one) and not never vote again. Diabolical eh?
No. of Recommendations: 2
<Reminds me of what Lyndon Johnson said about being in Viet Nam, when he compared it to having a wolf by the ears: you absolutely don't want to be there but you dare not let go.>

LBJ had a number of memorable quotes.

My favorite involved FBI director J Edgar Hoover. A number of presidents before Johnson wanted to get rid of Hoover. Yet his detailed files on many powerful people prevented them from firing him. The quote was "I'd rather have Hoover in the tent p***ing out than outside the tent p***ing in".

Of course at its core Hoover had something on everybody that counted. Put another way, they all had something that they didn't want to be known by the public.

BG
I remember a different LBJ quote after signing the Republicans Civil Rights act into law. "Now we'll have the n#%@@%$# voting Democrat for the next 100 years."

You certainly don’t remember LBJ saying that. The first reference to him saying that was in a book published in 1995. No proof was offered for the quote.

But..... LBJ was known to use the word in private conversation, so it wouldn’t have been out of character.
No. of Recommendations: 13
Unmasking the whole population will lead to surge in the infection and hospitalization of antivaxers. - Bobsdonuts

--------------------

Gov. Abbott lifted the mask mandate at the first of March. The fear and obedience class screamed about the forthcoming surge. Didn't happen. Fact check if you doubt that. Here is a link. Use the 90 day time scale to better see the stats since the mandate was lifted.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/coronavirus-covid-19-spr...
No. of Recommendations: 6
I remember a different LBJ quote after signing the Republicans Civil Rights act into law. "Now we'll have the n#%@@%$# voting Democrat for the next 100 years." - JoRoSki

------------------

Yep, it's true. That he said that and that he was right about his prediction. Some are waking up to the reality of being taken for granted but there still are far to many that haven't.

We are 52 years into LBJ's prediction and it remains true. It likely will make 100 years with the dems pounding the race card the way they do.
During 9/11 terrorist attack we lost 3000 people and in response to that, we have lost many liberties and our way of life changed forever. Right/ conservatives were okay with it, cheered it, and demanded more freedoms to be surrendered to the government in the name of security.

Yet, due to sheer incompetence of the Orange clown we lost 500 K people, and wearing a mask is the biggest attack on our liberties?

The nation faces many threats. Conservatives are the one of the biggest.
Gov. Abbott lifted the mask mandate at the first of March

Governor Abbott lifted mandate on public buildings. Shops and reateraunts still have rules in place.
And yes there was no significant rise in cases.

Now look at your posted map and see where the Texas hot spots are. You will see that they are in Rural Red Antivax Counties. This is not because their rate has increase significantly, it is because they have not come down at the same rate as other counties.
Much to the chagrin of the progressive left, the CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky, released a new policy, saying

People fully vaccinated against Covid-19 do not need to wear masks or practice social distancing indoors or outdoors, except under certain circumstances

On the contrary, I'm of the opinion that if you're vaccinated and fully protected, it's fine to ditch the mask. I have. If you're not vaccinated, you should wear a mask, but at this point if you're not vaccinated it's clear you're an idiot who worries about 5G microchipping and Jewish space lasers.
The Democrats are feeling this now, as credibility continues to decline

Decline where? In your 'mind'?
Decline where? In your 'mind'?

In the collective, right wing “hive mind”.

Shhhhh! Don’t tell anyone. These dittoheads still think of themselves as individualists.
...I'm of the opinion that if you're vaccinated and fully protected, it's fine to ditch the mask. I have. If you're not vaccinated, you should wear a mask, but at this point if you're not vaccinated it's clear you're an idiot who worries about 5G microchipping and Jewish space lasers. [emphasis mine]

1. Why do I need a useless vaccine if already I have immunity from a SARS infection in 2003 - SARS being a Covid-19 relative?

2. Why do I need a useless vaccine if already I have immunity from a SARS-CoV-2 infection in 2005 - SARS-CoV-2 being another Covid-19 relative?

3. Why do I need a useless vaccine if already I have immunity from a Covid-19 infection in 2020?

-=Ajax=-
Because the vaccines are being actively tested against current strains of the virus and work.

The implied immunity from previous related infections is unproven.

No. of Recommendations: 0
Why do I need a useless vaccine if already I have immunity from [previous Corona infections in 2003, 2005 and 2020]?

Because the vaccines are being actively tested against current strains of the virus and work. The implied immunity from previous related infections is unproven.

Medical data show that immunity from the Corona infections of 2003, 2005 and 2020 are a reality.

doctors across Europe and North America, say studies on Covid-19’s closest-related virus to infect humans, SARS, revealed that those who had acquired natural immunity in 2003 remain protected even now. They also maintain that, even before the onset of vaccination campaigns, most people had become immune to Covid-19, either through infection with the virus itself, often without symptoms or with only mild, uncharacteristic ones, or due to cross-immunity conferred by other, naturally occurring coronaviruses. https://principia-scientific.com/doctors-in-mass-revolt-agai...

-=Ajax=-

=================

Well personal choice cannot be something desirable when we are busy trying to establish the collective.
doctors across Europe and North America, say studies on Covid-19’s closest-related virus to infect humans, SARS, revealed that those who had acquired natural immunity in 2003 remain protected even now. They also maintain that, even before the onset of vaccination campaigns, most people had become immune to Covid-19, either through infection with the virus itself, often without symptoms or with only mild, uncharacteristic ones, or due to cross-immunity conferred by other, naturally occurring coronaviruses.

Great news for those with natural immunity. But how do you know if you have natural immunity.
Maybe the CGC could offer free COVID exposure so you can find out.
I'm all for it! Watching that is
Great news for those with natural immunity. But how do you know if you have natural immunity.
Maybe the CGC could offer free COVID exposure so you can find out.
I'm all for it! Watching that is - BobsDpnuts

------------------

Good idea, but no need to go to the CDC when your local school will suffice. Extensive research by the scientists at the teachers unions have determined that every school is a veritable petri dish of covid activity, so exposure is conveniently available in every neighborhood.
No. of Recommendations: 9
You will see that they are in Rural Red Antivax Counties.

While we are at it, cross check Whole Foods and childhood vaccinations. There is a high correlation between blue liberal areas (Whole Foods target population) and a surge in preventable childhood diseases because of decreased vaccination rates.

Neither side has a lock on vaccine denial. Stupid people come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.

JLC
Neither side has a lock on vaccine denial. Stupid people come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.

And together, they form a petri dish.
doctors... say studies on Covid-19’s closest-related virus to infect humans, SARS, revealed that those who had acquired natural immunity in 2003 remain protected even now. They also maintain that, even before the onset of vaccination campaigns, most people had become immune to Covid-19... https://principia-scientific.com/doctors-in-mass-revolt-agai...

Great news for those with natural immunity. But how do you know if you have natural immunity. Maybe the CGC could offer free COVID exposure so you can find out. - BobsDpnuts

1. In other words you do not know that people have immunity! And based on this ignorance, this lack of knowledge,

2. You want to force people to take an untested, unapproved, dangerous and evidently deadly vaccine! Because what,

3. The Boogeyman under your bed told you that this untested, unapproved, dangerous and evidently deadly vaccine offers immunity against a Corona virus,

4. For which many Americans have immunity?

This is the justification for practically forcing people to take the vaccine?

-=Ajax=-
doctors... say studies on Covid-19’s closest-related virus to infect humans, SARS, revealed that those who had acquired natural immunity in 2003 remain protected even now. They also maintain that, even before the onset of vaccination campaigns, most people had become immune to Covid-19... https://principia-scientific.com/doctors-in-mass-revolt-agai...

For starters, there are no studies on sars-cov-2 that shows natural immunity nor immunity for people infected with sars-cov-1. Further, Principia Scientific International (PSI) is a conspiracy blog run by an internet ghost that goes by the name of John O’Sullivan. Principia Scientific International has never done any scientific studies, nor have they funded any scientific research. Principia Scientific International has long been an anti-climate research blog and has just recently joined the fray as a "virology expert" blog as a result of the pandemic.
Principia Scientific International has nothing to do with science and everything to do with political conspiracies.
My Alex. My my, referencing Principia Scientific, we are scraping the barrel. You see the "Donate" button, press the button and make a sizable contribution and they will happily prove that you are the center of the universe. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/principia-scientific-internat...

For those who are interested in truth you may want to put a link to the original EU report. Not holding my breath

1) Yes we know that some people have immunity and we have known this from the start. People similar practices are equally susceptible to getting COVID. What is not fully understood is why it can be serious and life threating for some and nothing to other. Previous exposure other COVID strains is part of the answer as are genetics, health, age, sex. I bet you drank the bleach, it works

2) 600,000 dead in the USA from COVID. As of today less than a dozen from vaccine complications. Did you ever get get to that math part about > (greater than). Now if you rely on Tucker Carlson for news may be immune to COVID. Being brain dead is le leading cause of death and it does not count as a COVID death

3) No boogeyman under my bed, but it explains a lot. Vaccinated people who contract COVID are 98% less likely than unvaccinated people to be hospitalized with COVID. Did you get to that in the report or did you choose to ignore it because it did not agree with you delusion. Untested FALSE, unapproved FALSE, dangerous FALSE and evidently deadly FALSE, vaccine offers immunity against a Corona virus TRUE

4) Many are immune, but you don't know who. Your choice, no one is forcing you. I don't care because I may be naturally immune but to be on the safe side I am vaccinated too.
3. The Boogeyman under your bed told you that this untested, unapproved, dangerous and evidently deadly vaccine offers immunity against a Corona virus,

Virtually no one was immune to Covid. Or did "Your Boogeyman" under your bed tell you differently?

If the vaccine was so deadly (per you and "Your Boogeyman" under your bed), why did so many people NOT DIE from getting ANY approved vaccine--compared to the deaths from the complications from Covid?

I know !! That is "real arithmetic", with which the right has an ongoing problem....

No results from the AZ recount yet? LOL !!!
Vaccinated people who contract COVID are 98% less likely than unvaccinated people to be hospitalized with COVID.

The Cleveland Clinic recent study found that 99% of Covid-19 admissions were unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated. [From January first to around mid-April, we’ve had around 4,300 admissions to the hospital with COVID. Of those patients, 99% were not fully vaccinated”]

Principia Scientific International has published conspiracy vaccination reports like this one:
https://principia-scientific.org/doctors-who-discovered-canc...

Regardless of the evidence, pseudoscience-conspiracy-neurotics are not persuaded.

TucsonBones: My my, referencing Principia Scientific, we are scraping the barrel.

Principia Scientific had a link and data to this study. And you, instead of replying to the argument you are attacking Principia Scientific! This means you have nothing to say and you lost the argument.

jerryab2: why did so many people NOT DIE from getting ANY approved vaccine--compared to the deaths from the complications from Covid?

The CDC just told us again that Covid deaths are exaggerated by over 1,500%. CDC Director Finally Admits that COVID Cases are Hugely Over-Counted - Just as Gateway Pundit and Donald Trump Reported in August https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/05/boom-cdc-director-f...

Only 9,210 Americans Died From COVID-19 NOT the alleged hundreds of thousands of deaths reported by the media and the Party of the Pandemic!

-=Ajax=-
TucsonBones: My my, referencing Principia Scientific, we are scraping the barrel.
-=Ajax=-

I didn't say this, someone else may have. Be very careful, the jew-laser-satellites might be readjusting your vision, Don't Look into the Sky. Be very careful
Principia Scientific had a link and data to this study. And you, instead of replying to the argument you are attacking Principia Scientific! This means you have nothing to say and you lost the argument.

Principia Scientific had no such link : LIE #1
Points 1-4 Address your Argument https://boards.fool.com/my-alex-my-my-referencing-principia-... LIE #2

Principia Scientific is about as scientific as the Church of Scientology. Just because it has a science reference in its name does not make it "gospel" Principia Scientific is like The Onion without a sense of humor and it is totally reasonable to attack the source of an opinion if the author has ulterior motives. It is up to the reader to make that judgement and not to regurgitate garbage just because it fits his or her viewpoint.

In reference to the 1,500% over count. Did you actually read the article that was referenced? Let me quote to help you "The CDC website admitted that only around 6% of COVID recorded deaths were due entirely to the Coronavirus" . This is not news, we have known this all along. In most cases COVID s a contributing factor and without COVID most of the 600,000 deaths would not have happened. A typical example: patient is admitted with positive COVID test and raspatory distress. Patient dies of heart attack. COVID or not COVID related death.

If anything the COVID deaths are a gross undercount. Take the average death rate of the USA and compare it to 2020. 2020 is about 15% higher than normal. Why? COVID, Severe weather, and old white guys offing themselves in record numbers among other factors. Count the specific incident cases and subtract those from the total and you have the COVID death rate.

Here is the link from the CDC https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7014e1.htm
I doubt if you will read it.
A couple of tangential asides

The official cause of death for Prince Phillip was "old age"
Who knew old age was so deadly.

One Too Many Squats Causes Tightening Ass To Collapse Into Singularity : The Onion
It must be true because it explains the apparent density of Rand Paul
1. In other words you do not know that people have immunity! And based on this ignorance, this lack of knowledge,

2. You want to force people to take an untested, unapproved, dangerous and evidently deadly vaccine! Because what,

This is the justification for practically forcing people to take the vaccine?

I’ve never seen anyone spout such ignorance with so much certainty as you seem to do with startling regularity.

I was going to let it slide, but decided I needed to say something- a Public Service Announcement.
I’ve never seen anyone spout such ignorance with so much certainty as you seem to do with startling regularity.

The scientific name is the Dunning-Kruger Effect

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/78HbbV-Gk11ZMaCfoI3P9P7HIc...

The interesting question is why someone would remain atop Mount Stupid.
... Fame and glory
... No exposure to reality
... Rejection of reality
... Inability to comprehend
... Laziness
... Its their natural peak... bliss
The interesting question is why someone would remain atop Mount Stupid.
... Fame and glory
... No exposure to reality
... Rejection of reality
... Inability to comprehend
... Laziness
... Its their natural peak... bliss

.... He posts on the subjects he's told, giving the responses he's told to give. His supervisor's name is either Boris or Igor.
.... He posts on the subjects he's told, giving the responses he's told to give. His supervisor's name is either Boris or Igor. - zambon

------------------

You guys need to modernize your bogeymen to be Chinese, this isn't the 1960's any more.
You guys need to modernize your bogeymen to be Chinese, this isn't the 1960's any more.

Russian intelligence is active in promoting disinformation regarding the pandemic, as well as promoting the "Big Lie" as regards the election.

Frustrating U.S. efforts to fight the pandemic and continuing to erode American citizens' confidence in its electoral processes....

Both of these items have been prominent on the list of Alex' disinformation subjects that he promotes with absolute certainty.

Troll Farms: this ain't your grandfather's KGB.
The Chinese seem to be on a winning streak and tend to avoid overt interference in other peoples squabbles. The Russians on the other hand, have a track history of meddling, often just for fun.

Still I would not put it past those sneaky Chinese to do such a deed and frame implicate the Russians. Guaranteed there will be no breadcrumbs
"
You guys need to modernize your bogeymen to be Chinese, this isn't the 1960's any more."

...and white chinese to boot
No. of Recommendations: 10
The Chinese seem to be on a winning streak and tend to avoid overt interference in other peoples squabbles. The Russians on the other hand, have a track history of meddling, often just for fun.

Still I would not put it past those sneaky Chinese to do such a deed and frame implicate the Russians. Guaranteed there will be no breadcrumbs - BobsDonuts

------------------------

Of the two. obsessing about Russian disinformation while ignoring the steady progress of Chinese world domination is short sighted.
Of the two. obsessing about Russian disinformation while ignoring the steady progress of Chinese world domination is short sighted.

Nobody is ignoring the steady progress being made by the Chinese. I pegged them as the rising number one threat to the United States ten years ago on Political Asylum. Dope and I had quite a discussion about it and found one of our few points of agreement.

But this crapola looks like the same ole same ole Russian disinformation. There are two posters here at MF that I often suspect of being either Russian trolls or clueless idiots....the poster I referenced earlier is one of them.
Of the two. obsessing about Russian disinformation while ignoring the steady progress of Chinese world domination is short sighted

They are about the same and they are not mutually exclusive. Disinformation is preventing a coherent strategy against the other.

The Chinese objective is economic domination and control where needed, in the world through that domination. They are also painfully aware that isolationism does not work and in order to have economic domination viable and vibrant trading partners. With that will come trading equality. Squawking about the unfairness of China is a waste of time. Engaging and competing is the answer. That is hard to do through the constant squabbling.

As Douglas Adams would say. "America has to reinvent the wheel, but can't seem to get past what color it should be"

I didn't say this, someone else may have.

Yes, BobsDonuts said that! My apologies for the misquote.

-=Ajax=-
No. of Recommendations: 3
I’ve never seen anyone spout such ignorance with so much certainty as you seem to do with startling regularity. I was going to let it slide, but decided I needed to say something- a Public Service Announcement.

In other words you cannot reply to the arguments so you are attacking the person making the arguments. This is an Ad hominem attack - a fallacy - and an admission from your part that you lost this debate.

Have a nice day!

-=Ajax=-
This is an Ad hominem attack - a fallacy - and an admission from your part that you lost this debate.

The "ad hominem" defense. When it looks like you are soundly beaten, toss the chess board over and say "You cheated, I win, not going to play any more".

Personal attacks were made you true. But what do you say to someone who is obviously distorting the truth and refuses to apply a modicum of rational thought to the discussion at hand. One word comes to mind and I won't say it because you would claim another victory.
Valid ad hominem arguments occur in informal logic, where the person making the argument relies on arguments from authority such as testimony, expertise, or on a selective presentation of information supporting the position they are advocating. In this case, counter-arguments may be made that the target is dishonest, lacks the claimed expertise, or has a conflict of interest.

Rhetoric class 101 : Wikipedia.. Its on line so it must be true. It sounds reasonable. It sounds like something I would write. Maybe I did!
Personal attacks were made you true.

Thank you for acknowledging the fact.

But what do you say to someone who is obviously distorting the truth and refuses to apply a modicum of rational thought to the discussion at hand.

I say prove it!

One word comes to mind and I won't say it because you would claim another victory.

That is because you are unable, incapable, impotent, powerless and unwilling to reply to my arguments. So, why don't you admit that your opponent is correct and move on with life?

-=Ajax=-
That is because you are unable, incapable, impotent, powerless and unwilling to reply to my arguments.

I did reply to yur arguments before you went down the rabbit hole
https://boards.fool.com/principia-scientific-had-a-link-and-...
An now you resort to personal insults

Ad hominem I WIN
Wow that feels so good.
That is because you are unable, incapable, impotent, powerless and unwilling to reply to my arguments.

I did reply to yur arguments before you went down the rabbit hole
https://boards.fool.com/principia-scientific-had-a-link-and-......
An now you resort to personal insults

Ad hominem I WIN
Wow that feels so good.

OOOPS I forgot the fist reply that sent you down the barrel scraping rabbit hole
https://boards.fool.com/my-alex-my-my-referencing-principia-...
In reference to the 1,500% over count. Did you actually read the article that was referenced? Let me quote to help you "The CDC website admitted that only around 6% of COVID recorded deaths were due entirely to the Coronavirus..." Here is the link from the CDC https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7014e1.htm
I doubt if you will read it.

I read it. And given that only 6% of COVID recorded deaths are due entirely to COVID then that means Covid deaths are exaggerated by over 1,500%.

-=Ajax=-
I read it. And given that only 6% of COVID recorded deaths are due entirely to COVID then that means Covid deaths are exaggerated by over 1,500%.

Now did you read the CDC report on the 2020 mortality rate?
In brief, the US mortality rate rose 15.9% from 2019 to 2020 in pure numbers that is from 715 to 828 people per 100,000. In other words: in 2020 an additional 113 people per 100,000 died than otherwise would have been expected. With a population of 33 million the total rise in deaths is simply 33,000,000/100,000*11= 372,900.

So 372,900 people died in 2020 more than expected. The figures are reasonably consistent nation wide on a per 100,000 basis with a few hot spots. So what nationwide phenonium occurred in 2020 to explain this jump in deaths. The only reasonable answer is COVID 19. Now this is not saying that all of these deaths were caused directly by COVID, merely that if COVID had not happened most of these deaths would not have happened.

To say that only 6% of these deaths were directly caused by COVID is an artifact of the medical reporting process. Doctors are required too list a primary cause of death. If a patients lungs are totally congested as a result of COVID and subsequently their heart stops due to oxygen starvation, it is reasonable to say that the cause of death was a heart attack and that COVID was a contributing factor. However the medical statistics will only report the direct cause of death, which is misleading.
Taken to an illogical extreme, no one would have looked for a COVD vaccine but would have focused on methods of getting the heart more oxygen, portable ECMO systems ect.

Reporting that the death rate directly related to COVID is 1500% overstated, is misleading and possibly disingenuous to the underlying undeniable truth. It should cause the reader to question the motives of the speaker and their data sources. This is an allowable Ad Hominem question when statements are so misleading that they lead one to question the competence or motives of a speaker.

Note: If you wish to contest "undeniable truth", gainsay has to be supported by factual evidence.
We are 52 years into LBJ's prediction and it remains true. It likely will make 100 years with the dems pounding the race card the way they do.

=======================================================

And he also said that Republicans will be racists for the next 100 years!

😊