Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
You are pretty young so C should work well. I currently have 75% go to C, 15% go to S and 10% go to I. I have some funds in F but I am not adding to them, actually I will be slowly moving money in the F Fund into the other funds. Any mix of C, S and I will work but I would suggest mostly C and some S. Fund I has a pretty poor history but it just seems reasonable that foreign stocks will go up someday and you have enough time to find out but you don't need much there as most large US firms have significant foreign operations.
The big question for me is how to best use the F fund. I am 51 and I expect to retire in 5 or 6 years but may not draw out funds for a few years after that. I cannot figure how much, if anything, to hold in F and when to move funds into F or G as I get older to minimize volitity.
But at 36 go mostly with C and add whatever you feel in S and I as a little speculative spice.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.