Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
You asked:

How much stock are you allowed to buy at a discount?Does the company match your purchase?Are you
vetted a certain number of shares each year?schulfool

Well, I can't speak on behalf of the Count, but other CVS employees (management at least) are able to use 15% of their gross income to buy stock at a 15% discount off the lowest stock price during a 6 month period (Jan 1 to June 30). So on June 30 my husband will be able to buy CVS stock for about $25 -- that's if the stock price doesn't drop before then! And this is all bought with after-tax money, so this is not part of your retirement package. I heard that starting this summer, we should be able to have the option of purchasing CVS stock as one of our investment options in the 401k. In addition to this, half of CVS's match to the 401k is given to you in CVS preference stock. (They match 100% up to 5% of your pay.)
Compared to my husband's previous job and compared to my job's benefits (I work for a hospital) -- I'm happy with these options. ---JRL
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.