Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You can always gift stock up to the annual limit to your child after they pass the age limit(18 ? now) and probably owe little to nothing on the capital gains when they sell the stock. For kids with good financial upbringing, this can work well for paying for college with low taxes and full choice on investing options.

That's a great idea, and one which I had not thought of. I can see where this may certainly come in handy for us for their college expenses, and will most likely make use of it.

Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.