Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
You can avail yourself of IRC §72(t)(2)(A)(4) "substantially equal periodic payments" exception. The rules are complex & the uninitiated should hire a qualified CPA/Tax lawyer to make sure you perform this process correctly. This exception avoids the 10% surtax on early distributions (before age 59 1/2) but regular federal & state income tax is still due.

If you would like to learn more, drop me a note at

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.