Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 13
You can, but you won't understand them through the mask.

I’m 71 and have a bit more of a problem hearing some frequencies than I did 40 years ago.

But masks- both in wearing them and in listening to people speaking who are wearing them... have not presented the problem in communication that you suggest.

Nor have masks impeded my breathing as young and vigorous anti-maskers swear that they do.

My only conclusion: Anti-maskers are simply a bunch of anti-social fainting violets who would collapse in a heap if they were asked to do anything for the common good that would break a sweat.

Good news!.... coming soon to a town near you... Mask requirements will be relaxed.

I wish you and Darwin many happy hugs and dances together!

Perhaps a bit later than you, those of us who have been vaccinated will also be relaxing our mask wearing.

Perhaps we will see each other and rejoice together after having made it through the pandemic.

But perhaps we won’t. Because I do know that if you are not vaccinated, one of us stands a better chance of making it to that happy point than the other does.

If you haven’t already, just do it. For once in your miserable life, don’t be a fainting violet. Just roll up your sleeve and get the shot.... twice, even. For me, the ensuing headache was hardly noticeable, but even if the side-effects had been ten times worse than they were, that would have beat spending my last hours on earth with a ventilator.

I woke up on one of those monsters ten years ago after heart surgery, and believe me, that is one piece of equipment with which you do NOT want to become better acquainted.

So strike a blow for your own health, while simultaneously striking a blow for the health of those you love and the world in general.

Remove yourself from the petri dish- get vaccinated.

It’s a lot better for you than sitting around and repeating nonsense, whining about your “freedom” and not taking the proactive steps that actually lead to REAL freedom.

So.... today...tomorrow.... next week... next month... at some point in your locale, the masks are coming off.

Are you really ready for that? Or do you just talk a good game?

</rant over>
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.