Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
You can contribute up to $5000 if you are under 50 years of age, $6000 if you are 50 or older. If you are married, you can contribute the same amounts on her behalf to her own IRA. You can contribute these amounts all to your Roth IRA, all to your Traditional IRA, or split them between the two types of IRAs so that the total contribution totals no more than your individual limit.

Who encourages you to look at your whole retirement portfolio when deciding in what to invest and not just each investment vehicle independently...
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.