No. of Recommendations: 0
You can open an account with any discount brokerage or mutual fund company, one that I recommend in particular is Vanguard. Vanguard's expense ratios are very low and there is no annual fee if you are above a certain minimum account limit. Just go to their web site or call them and ask them to send you two sets of forms: Establishing a new IRA and a Rollover IRA transfer. The second probably includes the forms needed to establish a new account as well. I would also get their booklet that describes all of their funds briefly, you can also get this info on their web site.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.