Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
You can pay by credit card without using autopay. I pay with credit cards as much as possible I don't autopay anything. Even if you did use autopay, you still have the opportunity to review both the original bill and the credit card statement to see if there are any suspect charges.

This, so much. We get paper bills, more for DH's comfort level than anything else, but almost all payments are by CC. I get statements right in front of me on-screen, they can't get lost or misfiled, and one click expands entries so I can see more about the purchase. And I like being able to generate reports so I can see trends, patterns, etc.

I'm not usually a fan of autopay, but the occasional times I do use it, I check it when I look at the rest of my statement. That's on the individual.

The other advantage is reward points. All your spending for a year plus the occasional sign up bonus translates to substantial rewards. I haven't paid for a hotel room in years, and am almost always upgraded, have access to executive lounge, and so on. Simply because I pay with credit cards. Not too shabby.

Agreed. All that plus the protection when things go sideways. CCs are great when services/good aren't provided because the company went under.

cm
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.