No. of Recommendations: 2
You can set up a SEP with Vanguard, Scottrade and any of several dozen other companies. They all want your money. Rather then looking at the fees associated with the SEP itself, you might be much better off to look at fees and returns on your investments.

If you are going to invest in mutual funds, do some serious reading about fees. If you are going to invest in stocks, you will have to do some work at stock selection and the one item that is more important the stock selection - stock selling. Very little written about that one!

I happen to have a SEP with Schwab. I made that choice because they happen to have a wide selection of Mutual Funds (most companies do), they have reasonable fees (like zero for a large number of mututal funds if I keep the investment more then 180 days) most importantly when something goes wrong or when I need help to deal with an abnormal situation - I have found these people can be reach by phone anytime and I get treated fairly. I am not saying other companies do not do the same - I am saying however you really will find out how good the company you choose is when something bad happens - and yes something untoward will happen someday.

Gordon
Atlanta
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.