No. of Recommendations: 2
You disagree. Apparently you believe that the only things that matter are that papers were published someplace and reviewed by someone who might or might not have been objective. Whether the papers contain quality research is none of your concern.

I believe that is called missing the forest for the trees.

You may be right. But when you play "move the goalposts" I'm tempted to believe that nothing would satisfy you.

Let's review. Someone posted that ID proponents don't publish papers in peer-reviewed journals. So I linked to the DI page that lists the published works, with no further comment.

Then you and others come back with comments like "it doesn't prove ID does legitimate research". Not the point in question.

in no case did the paper being peer-reviewed contain substantial new research

And when I link to a paper that does, you'll respond with "That's not substantial enough", or "It's not published in a prestigious journal", or "Well, I question the objectivity of the reviewer, whoever it was that let this idea I don't agree with pass review".

I've pretty much heard it all and know what you'll say before you say it.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.