No. of Recommendations: 5
You do know that the second link that you posted states that the average cost (nationwide) of land each year from 1975 to 2015 and started at $4,489 and ended at $97,138 and that is about 8% appreciation per year.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-how-much-land-pric...

I wouldn't bet that billboards don't have more functional obsolescence than you realize. All the largest ad agencies are digital (and not digital billboards) with the largest being Google with $116 billion in ad revenue in 2018.

In my area, and many others, new rules are not friendly for billboards. There are a fraction of the billboards that there once were. I drove up I-49 to Northwest Arkansas yesterday and there are probably less than ten percent of the billboards that used to be on Hwy 71 twenty years ago and before the interstate was opened. There were even twice as many billboards on I-49 two years ago than today due to an April 2018 tornado taking out at least half of them. Most of those destroyed in 2018 have not yet been replaced even though the state highway department rules would allow them to be replaced.

Not as bad as newspapers in my area, but still pretty bad.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.