No. of Recommendations: 0
You do need to talk to the Early Intervention folks who will do the screening and figure out what services he needs. You do not need to call your school department when he turns 3. That transition should all be handled and coordinated by the Early Intervention folks as part of their job and ensuring that he does get the services that he needs. (emphasis added)

Just because something should be handled doesn't mean it will be.

And I still suggest calling the district in advance of turning 3 to find out what their requirements are.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.