Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
You don't know the origin of DNA, so it is presumptuous to assume that the origin is natural. You and I both know that specified complexity is created by human intelligence. We know of no other PROVEN source. You are just speculating that DNA has a natural origin.

I know with absolute certainty that humans did not create DNA. It was here long before humans existed. You aren't speculating, you are simply wrong.

Let's also go back to your comments about machinery found on another planet as being proof of another intelligent agent existing in the universe. We find fossil evidence of ancient microbes, cave debris, ruins, hell we can even find and analyze coprolite, but we see no compelling evidence that we were ever visited by another intelligence. No ruins, no machines, no nothing. Just some humongo cool drawings on the Nazca plains that are just as easily attributed to hard tripping shaman.

Since we're talking panspermia, this suggests that if life originated outside of earth, it was delivered here by less then intelligent means. Either the building blocks of life are ubiquitous throughout the universe for natural reasons, and will root anywhere conditions are favorable, or, some highly advanced and amazingly arrogant species sometime long ago Johnny Appleseeded their life juice into space, and it became ubiquitous and takes root anywhere conditions are favorable.

Why do I add the additional agent when the more simplistic natural explanation gets me to the same point far quicker and more easily, particularly when an agent seeding the universe leaves me standing on turtles?
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.