No. of Recommendations: 0
You guys sound a lot like us. My wife also likes to eat at the nicer places as well, but she will also eat at dives if the food is tasty enough.

As far as travel agents go, did you stick with one that you found in Vietnam mainly? My thoughts if we don't go with a stateside travel agent is to find a good one in Vietnam in Saigon, then utilize them mainly for our trip for transportation and possibly lodging, depending on where we go. Of course, in each town we might use the local agents for sightseeing purposes. Does this seem like a reasonable thing to do?

Did you go to Halong Bay? I've heard great things about the place, but some bad stories about being stuck with a boatload of people all following the same boats to the same crowded places. We want to avoid that.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.