Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0

You had a VUL policy which can be exchanged with no tax liability for a Variable Annuity.

This is what the bank did.

Now if the surrender charges have vanished it makes much better sense to have mutual funds instead of variable annuity.

The cash value of the policy was likely small enough so that it waS a one year contribution.

You should speak with a professional since this type of stuff can be dicey.


Membership disclosure
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.