Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You have a "safe harbor" IF, the amount you withheld (2884) this year is equal to the amount of withholding you had last year. Check last year's return for that number.

These penalties may not apply, I do not have quite enough information.

When you do file, pay the tax if you can, but do not send in Form 2210. Let the IRS do that for you. There is some flexibility as to whether they will assess this penalty. Soooo, let them assess it. Generally there is no way to get that penalty abated if you self assess, unless you can show that you computed the original penalty incorrectly.

Good luck.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.