Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
You have received some good answers! The church is where 2 or more are gathered together in HIS NAME. This is what I think was meant when "the leader said that the answer to this question is: you are the church". You do not go to church, the church gathers together! Whether you gather at a Cathedral or a local park that is where the church is if you gather together in HIS NAME.

"In my mind, I have never NOT been a Christian. " It does not matter what you think in your own mind. You are not a Christian because you say you are you are a Christian when HE says you are. You can know if you are a Christian but no one is born a Christian you must be reborn a Christian.

John 3:4-6 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

Do you belong to Christ?

Romans 8:9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

You can know!

Romans 8:14 because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

1 John 3:23-25 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

1 John 4:12-14 We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit

No matter how many prayers were prayed, no matter how many good deeds you have done, no matter how many times you were baptized, no matter what you think ....
" if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ."

Acts 5:32 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel. 33 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Luke 11:12-14 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.