Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You have several possiblilities;
1) Set up a living trust with child as beneficiary. She can stipulate the conditions when and how the child can begin receiving the money. Or have a Trust be the beneficiary of her account(s) with the child as the beneficiary of the trust.
2) Use a section 529 plan for setting up a fund for a child.
3) Use the concept of a stretch IRA or better a Roth IRA by making the child the beneficiary of her Roth or IRA or 401k. I would imagine that there may be some MRD considerations if any of these accounts are tax-deferred.
4) Check with a good financial planner, estate planner who specializes in Elder Care.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.